Pillaton's Boundary Change, 1894
Although there have been some slight changes to the parish boundaries over the years, the one that came into force at the end of 1894 was perhaps the most significant for which we have details.
James Venning (in Historical Notices . . . of Twenty Parishes in East Cornwall, 1934) wrote of Pillaton parish :-
The main properties affected by this change were the lands of Bush, Howton and Kernock. Some former residents of these properties are commemorated by gravestones in Pillaton churchyard so it would appear that they had a stronger allegience to Pillaton than St. Stephens, even if it stemmed from the purely practical reason of being much closer.
The yellow dots show the former part of St. Stephens by Saltash
transferred in 1894.
The red dots depict the current Pillaton parish boundary.